Students, staff, and faculty may have visitors, including children, friends, and family members, on SCNM premises subject to the following limitations:
- All visitors must check in at the Welcome center in the Community Commons building upon each visit and receive a visitor badge.
- The student, staff, or faculty member with whom they are visiting must accompany all visitors at all times.
- Adult visitors are only permitted in classroom areas with prior permission of the faculty member. However, they may be asked to leave immediately, at any time and for any reason, at the discretion of the faculty member.
- The student, staff, or faculty members assume responsibility and all liability for visiting family and friends’ actions.
Visitor Conduct Expectations
All students and staff shall have the right to a campus learning environment free from interference or disruption. SCNM strives to maintain an environment that is free of intimidation and encourages the development of students and employees to their fullest extent. Policy clearly states that SCNM will not tolerate acts or threats of acts of sexual assault, physical assault, or any type of violence.
All visitors and volunteers are expected to adhere to the policies and procedures of SCNM, as well as all federal, state and local laws. Visitors and volunteers will be subject to removal from classrooms, service areas, and activities of the campus for any of the acts listed below. Any violation may be subject to permanent removal from all campuses, sites, programs, and activities of SCNM.
- Act or threat of damage to or theft of property belonging to or located on SCNM property or facilities.
- He/she displays concerning behavior that presents a threat to the safety of students and/or employees of the College, or other individuals appropriately participating in a school activity.
- He/she creates a disruption to the business operations and/or educational process including physical or verbal disruption of instructional or student services activities, administrative procedures, public service functions, authorized curricular or co-curricular activities, the orderly operation of the campus, or prevention of authorized visitors from carrying out the purpose for which they are on campus.