Paul Mittman ND, EdD
President & CEO
I have served as President & CEO of Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine & Health Sciences for the past 21 years. I practiced naturopathic medicine for 25 years and pursued a Doctorate in Higher Education Management at age 50. I ride my bicycle 100-125 miles a week and love my wife and kids.
- BA, (Anthropology) –University of Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
- ND, (Naturopathic Medicine) – National College of Naturopathic Medicine, Portland, Oregon
- EdD, (Higher Education Management) University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
To make a difference in the world.
Being married for 34 years and raising two outstanding children. Our son and daughter-in-law are successful naturopathic physicians, our daughter and son-in-law work in the aero-space industry.
Leadership, Family, Community Service, Bicycle Racing
- 2016 “Integrative Health Care: An Effective Approach for Treating Pain and Decreasing Opioid Use” (October 28, 2016). Arizona Capitol Times
- 2009 “The phenomenon of stress and health-promoting behaviors among college and university presidents: A quantitative and qualitative analysis” (January 1, 2009). Dissertations available from ProQuest. Paper AAI3354357.
- 2005 Naturopathic Medicine: What can patients expect? Dunne N; Benda W; Kim L; Mittman P; Barrett R; Snider P; Pizzorno J. Journal of Family Practice.
- 2002 Echinacea for the Common Cold (Letter to the Editor). Mittman P, Wollner D, Kim L. Annals of Internal Medicine, 2002;137:939-946.
- 1995 Case History – Iritis and Tendonitis in a 28 Year Old Man New England Journal of Homeopathy, Vol. 4; Number 1 (1995)
- 1994 Case History – 8 Year Old Boy with Attention Deficit Disorder and Insomnia New England Journal of Homeopathy, Vol. 3; Number 3 (1994)
- 1992 Case History – 9 Year Old Boy with Epilepsy New England Journal of Homeopathy, Vol. 1; Number 1 (1992)
- 1990 Effects of Colon Hydrotherapy on Serum Electrolytes. Journal of Naturopathic Medicine, Vol. 1; 1990.
- 1990 Randomized Double-Blind Clinical Trial of Urtica dioica in the Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis. Planta Medica, Vol. 56(1); 1990.
- Journal of Family Practice 2005 Dec;54(12):1067-72
- Association of Accredited of Naturopathic Medical Colleges
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- American Holistic Health Association
- American Public Health Association
- Arizona Naturopathic Medical Association
- Arizona Public Health Association
- Dementia Friendly Tempe
- Homeopathic Academy of Naturopathic Physicians
- Homeopathic Pharmacopeia Convention of the United States
- New York Association of Naturopathic Physicians