SCNM gives you options
The first two years of SCNM's ND program begin with early clinical experiences and basic sciences taught in a body-systems format, similar to a conventional MD program. The final two years are clinically focused, giving you the opportunity to work with various patient populations at the SCNM Medical Center and our nine community clinics.
You can choose to earn your ND degree in four or five years. Our five-year option allows you to distribute the basic sciences and preclinical medical across two years instead of one, with the final three years remaining unchanged. Tuition and fees are comparable for the two options.
Our progressive curriculum includes:
- Clinical experiences beginning on your first day and continuing throughout the curriculum
- Integration of content by body systems
- Case-based instruction and testing – in preparation for the board examinations
- Team-based learning
- Field observation program to shadow community physicians in your first and second years of study
- Elective off-site program to shadow physicians in your third year of study
- Standardized patient program
- Clinical milestone exams